Sunday, May 4, 2014

Bringing Home Frankie

"I can scarcely wait til tomorrow
when a new life begins for me,
as it does each day,
as it does each day.
Stanley Kunitz
 
 
When I read this poem I am always reminded of the day I brought Frankie home. Nine years ago I came face to face with an ex-puppy mill mutt on death row. Status: unadoptable.  She was shaking with fear, barking hysterically, and aggressive with other dogs. I took her home anyways. Partly because she was cute and mostly because she sat on my feet and convinced me she was my soul mate.
 
 
Every day I massaged her tense body and told her that I would be good to her and she would be good to me. Nine years later I wouldn't dream of going to my studio without her. She has kept me company all these years and worked tirelessly as my muse and model for dozens of paintings.
 
 
"Party Girl"
9" x 9"
mixed media on wood
$85
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment