Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Conversations With My Dogs

 
detail from "Slow Joe"
 
 
When I talk about painting "Bad Dogs", people often get a little irate. They say, "But you have great dogs! How can you say such a thing?"
 
 
Oh sure, they're great. I could, in fact, wax on all day about how awesome my dogs are. But I would be lying to you if I told you my neighbors have never heard the following conversations I have had with my dogs:
 
 
"Stop humping the cat! I can't even look at you for the rest of the day now!"
 
"Where the heck did you even find a chicken?"
 
"Stop sniffing my crotch! It's the same crotch I had yesterday."
 
"Drop it!" You are sooooo not putting that stinky deer leg in my car!"
 
"Bark it up Barky. I think you forgot to bark at something."
 
"What are you eat...Oh God...is that a rat tail in your mouth?"
 
"If you eat that I will not be kissing you today!"
 
"Stop whining. It's not my fault you ate the volcano ! "(science fair project)
 
"Oh gross! That's the grossest puke ever! When were you eating rotten starfish anyways?"
 


 
"Slow Joe"
(who is in fact my mother's mostly good dog)
10" x 10" framed
$115

No comments:

Post a Comment