Sunday, April 28, 2013

Loosen Up and Let Go.

"It took me 4 years to paint like Raphael, but a life time to paint like a child."
-Pablo Picasso

 
"Curiosity"
8" x 8" clay, paper and acrylic on wood
 

 
I  love working with children; and every time I do I swear I learn as much from them as they do from me.
Always.
It is a collaboration.
 
 
 
I recently had a group of girls visit my studio. For three hours they drew, painted, sculpted , and collaged their hearts out. There was never any hesitation; only unbridled enthusiasm and fearlessness. Never any criticism; only joy with their creation. This is always the lesson I learn.
 
 
 
 
Children don't worry if their work is sellable. They have no critics. They paint simply to express themselves. Who cares if nothing comes from it? So loosen up, let go and learn to paint like a child. From the heart!

 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment