Saturday, March 9, 2013

Courage

Every person in the world is more than meets the eye. It's what I loved about studying psychology; it's what I look forward to discovering in people.  Every week my boys' dance instructor stands in front of groups of children and teaches. Well, it's more than that really. She inspires; she radiates joy and love. Her enthusiasm lights up a room. She is also very shy. She struggles with the duality of an introvert wanting to perform. When I spend time with Niki, I'm reminded of the e.e. cummings quote

 "It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are".

 
"Size: Courage"
24" x 48"
$1000
 
I got a little courageous myself when I was painting this portrait. Usually, I under paint my portraits blue. But Niki's color is purple! I struggled to begin this painting in purple. I was most of the way through before I could sigh with relief.
 
 
The purple under painting.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment