Sunday, January 27, 2013

Hug The Dog

I'm a hugger! Hugs can turn the worst of days around; can make a broken person feel whole again; the warmest of hugs sending a message straight through your heart and soul. And I would know. My kids hug me ALL day long and my dearest of friends and family make everything better. But did I forget to mention... hug your dog?

 
My awesome boys made this sign for me this past Christmas.
 
 
When I started sleeping with my dog, it was because she was cold. The winter fire hadn't been lit and she lay shivering in the dark corner of my bedroom. I myself laid awake with chronic insomnia and cold.  I lifted up the corner of my duvet and she slithered under the covers. We slept so soundly that night, huddling for warmth. Every morning my husband gets up at 4:30 to go to work. Hubby out, dog in. This is our morning ritual.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment